Our high-quality, high performance, natural oil polyols are used to produce superior polyurethane foams and versatile polyurethane elastomers that provide flexibility and durability in a wide variety of applications, as well as the potential for significant cost savings.
THE POLYURETHANE MARKET
Urethane polymers are used in a huge variety of applications, spanning a huge proportion of the industry. From automotive rubbers to consumer product plastics, the uses of polyurethane have resulted in it dominating the industry. These applications are expected to expand over time, as well, as an increasing number of locations develop manufacturing capabilities and technology continues to move toward automation. These factors have led to market researchers forecasting that the global polyurethane market will reach $105.2 billion by 2025.
One of the biggest recent trends in the market has been sustainable alternatives. Polyurethane oleochemicals have been around for decades now, and more people are interested in using them, especially as global awareness of sustainability issues continues to increase. As awareness continues to grow, the sustainable polyurethane market is also expected to expand significantly.
Key Factors for Manufacturers
These growth factors in the polyurethane market are becoming increasingly prominent, making it more important than ever for manufacturers to explore polyurethane oleochemicals. In addition to gaining a share of an expanding market, manufacturers can experience several practical benefits by turning to a sustainable polyurethane manufacturing ingredients supplier like Acme-Hardesty. These benefits include:
- Customer Loyalty: Customers are researching businesses more than ever, concerned about where their money is going and who it is funding. Take your place as an ethical company by partnering with a company dedicated to ethical practices and sustainable products. Your customers will thank you, and you may see customer loyalty increase significantly.
- Employee Interest: Sustainability is also a draw for employees. Many employees, especially millennials entering the workforce, are interested in working for businesses whose ethics align with their own sustainable, forward-thinking mindsets.
- Reduced Costs: Bio-based polyurethane ingredients are produced using more sustainable sources like plants and trees, unlike petroleum based chemicals. With a supply that keeps coming back, the supply of these chemicals is much more stable, resulting in more stable pricing structures. This can save your business significant amounts of money, as in enables you to budget efficiently. Often these products are even cheaper than oil-based products, saving money overall.
- Green Products: Concern about biodegradability is on the rise as entire islands of trash are appearing in the oceans. Take your stand for sustainability with more biodegradable products produced using bio-based polyurethane.
- Ethical Practices: Modern slavery is a huge concern in the world of chemical production. While formal slavery is rare to see, slavery disguised as low-cost labor is a prominent issue in many under-developed countries. Many modern laws require organizations to avoid these practices when possible, but it can be too easy to unknowingly become partnered with a supporter of unethical labor practices. Avoid it all with Acme-Hardesty. We’re dedicated to ethical sourcing and supply chain management, so you can rest easy that your business is working to the benefit of everyone in the supply chain.
Partner with Acme-Hardesty today to discover how working with a polyurethane elastomer supplier will help your business experience these benefits. At Acme-Hardesty, we supply only the best sustainable products, no matter how high the demand, because we believe in the power of sustainability. Choose Acme-Hardesty as your polyurethane ingredient supplier today.
A range of chemicals are used within the polyurethane industry, including polyurethane oleochemicals, polyurethane additives, natural oil polyols and polyurethane foams. As a polyurethane manufacturing ingredients supplier, Acme-Hardesty provides a range of polyurethane ingredients, all ethically sourced and guaranteed high quality. Our polyurethane foam and elastomer additives include:
#1 Castor Oil
Castor oil has been around for thousands of years and is known for its remarkable versatility. Pale yellow in color, castor oil is derived from the seeds of the castor plant and features a distinct taste and odor.
Originally used for medicinal purposes, castor oil now offers value in many industrial manufacturing processes. Our #1 castor oil product serves as a natural oil polyol for manufacturing polyurethane elastomers and foams. We sell #1 castor oil in various grades and forms including pale pressed, low moisture, dehydrated and low AV. Packaging options include drums, isotanks, bulk and five-gallon pails.
Glycerine is a simple polyol compound that takes the form of an odorless, colorless, viscous liquid. Glycerine can be derived from plant or animal fats or synthetically produced from non-triglyceride sources. Acme-Hardesty offers a 99.7%-pure vegetable-based glycerine product derived from palm oil and palm kernel oil that is extremely versatile and safe to use in various industrial manufacturing processes.
In terms of polyurethane manufacturing, glycerine serves as a polyol for flexible polyurethane foams. We offer glycerine in various grades and forms including USP, kosher, tallow and veg. Glycerine packaging options include drums, IBCs, five-gallon pails and several others.
Pale Pressed Castor Oil
Pale pressed castor oil is a premium castor oil version produced from the initial pressing of the castor seed. Pale pressed castor oil is clear and light in color and features extremely low acidity. Pale pressed castor oil offers value for many manufacturing processes. It serves as a natural oil polyol in the production of polyurethane elastomers and foams and is also used in the manufacturing of polyurethane casting resins. Acme-Hardesty offers pale pressed castor oil in standard grades and forms, and it is packaged in drums and liquid bulk. Pale pressed castor oil features a shelf life of one year from the date of manufacture.
Contact Us to Learn More About the Benefits of Our Polyurethane Additives
Acme-Hardesty is your source for effective polyurethane oleochemicals backed by more than 70 years of expertise. Contact us to learn more about the benefits of our products for manufacturing polyurethane foams and elastomers.