Tallow, Veg, Powder
- Inci Name:
- Chemical Name:
- Fatty Acids C12-C18, Aluminum Salts or Hydroxy Aluminum Distearate
Aluminum Distearate, also referred to as Aluminum Soap, has a variety of applications and uses, primarily as a thickener and a hydrophobic agent. See below for more details on the use of this product in different applications, which can include plastics, oil and gas additives, food and beverage, and various others. This product can be either vegetable or tallow based. Acme-Hardesty stocks the tallow based material, enabling us to complete your project quickly and efficiently. If you require vegetable based Aluminum Distearate material, please inquire about availability and lead times.
Acme-Hardesty has been a leading provider of cost-effective solutions in the oleochemical industry for more than seven decades. We remain committed to helping customers and suppliers reach their specific operational goals. Our adherence to our core values of integrity, innovation and performance has enabled us to develop many enduring strategic alliances with companies in industries such as Food & Beverage, Cosmetics, Cleaners & Detergents, Metal Working Fluids, Renewable Chemistries, Surfactants and Esters, and many more.
Uses & Applications
- CASE: Pigment Suspension and Thickening Agent in Paints, Enamels, Varnishes, Lacquers and Inks. Water Repellent for Leather, Rope and Cement
- Food and Beverage: Aluminum Distearate is FDA Compliant for Food Contact as a Component of Adhesives, Resinous and Polymeric Coatings, Polymers, Adjuvants (Release Agents, Waxes and Dispersants) and as a Component of Paper or Paperboard in Contact with Aqueous and Fatty Foods
- Oil and Gas: Additive to Drilling Fluids to Release Gas Bubbles
- Plastics: Lubricant in the Production of Polyamides and Thermosetting Plastics