MCT (Medium Chain Triglyceride)
Chemical Name: Octanoic/Decanoic Acid Triglyceride
- Product Details & Information
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, alternatively known as Octanoic/Decanoic Acid Triglyceride or MCT Coconut Oil, is a specialized esterification of coconut oil extracted from the kernel of matured coconuts. This oil uses only the medium chain triglycerides, namely Caprylic Acid and Capric Fatty Acid, contained in raw coconut oil. The result is an ideal carrier oil that can be used in a variety of applications.
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is silky and light to the touch, absorbing into the skin easily. This means when it’s used in cosmetic and skincare products, organic MCT oil leaves no greasy feeling on the skin. With a long shelf life, low color, minimal odor and low to no hazard, this carrier oil is an ideal selection for sensitive skin and oil free products.
Acme-Hardesty provides quality Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, produced using ethically sourced supplies. No matter the quantity of Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride you need, our exceptional service will make Acme-Hardesty your Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride supplier of choice!
Storage and Handling Details
Bulk Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is very stable and has a long shelf life. For storage, keep Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride in a tightly sealed container protected from moisture, heat and direct sunlight, as oxidizers and elevated temperatures can degrade the quality of the product. In such conditions, it can be feasibly stored for up to 48 months, though we recommend using it within three years.
With any product you receive, be sure that the container is free from damage and fully closed before use. If you suspect your order was damaged or otherwise compromised during shipment, please contact us directly for assistance. The Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride MSDS is available for download at the bottom of this page and contains detailed safety, handling and storage requirements for our products.
Contact Acme-Hardesty for More Information
Acme-Hardesty has a spent the better part of the last century as a leading supplier of sustainable oleochemicals, providing quality chemicals for industrial use. We serve customers from a wide range of industries and specialties, and we can supply your company, too. Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is just one of the many products we offer, but we can guarantee the best MCT oil quality available.
For more information about Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride or any of our other products, use our online form or call Acme-Hardesty directly. Request a quote for a bulk order of Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride today!
- Uses & Applications
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride applications span across a variety of industries. The most common of these applications include the following:
- Personal Care: Commonly used as an emollient, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride serves as a replacement for White Oils and Petrolatum in makeup, moisturizers, skin care and sunscreen products and perfumes. Within this application, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride serves as an excellent choice for sensitive skin products due to its lightweight nature and compatibility with most skin types.
- Pet Food: MCT coconut oil can be used as an ingredient in pet foods, and research does suggest the inclusion of MCT oil has positive effects on feline metabolism and canine cognitive function.
- Pharmaceuticals: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is an efficient solvent and excellent excipient, meaning it can act as a carrier or suspension medium for oil soluble antibiotics, drugs and vitamins.
- Food and Beverage: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is promoted as an energy supplement and digestive agent in the food industry. It’s commonly used as a food emulsifier.
- Flavor and Fragrance: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is an excellent carrier for both fragrances and flavors, as it’s a low-odor oil.
- Nutraceuticals: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is itself an energy supplement and digestive agent, promoting metabolism boosts. It's also an excellent emulsifier and solvent and can act as a carrier or suspension medium for oil-soluble vitamins and minerals.
Within these applications, MCT is a low-hazard chemical, posing little to no risk to health and safety.
- Grades and Forms Available
- Shelf Life
Three Years from Date of Manufacture when stored according to MSDS recommendations
- INCI Name
Sales Specifications of MCT 3595 Kosher Liquid
|Acid Value||0.1 max||ASTM 1980-87|
|Saponification Value||325 – 345||ASTM 5558-95|
|Color APHA||50 max||ASTM D 1209-84|
|Moisture, %||0.15 max||ASTM D 1744-92|
|Fatty Acid Composition %||—||—|
|C8||55 – 65||In-house Method|
|C10||35 – 45||In-house Method|